Alfonso IX King of Leon wanted to have High Training and teaching in his King and for it, he came up the “scholasSalamantiacae” in 1218, the origin of the current Salamanca University which in 2018 reach its 800 birthday after working in the promotion, learning and deployment of the knowledge.
Consequently, Salamanca University is one of the oldest European University, as the Paris, Oxford and Bolonia Universities. And nowadays it´s the only Spanish University going on with its activity through the centuries without stopping.
The number of students have been changing through its history. At the end of XIV century there were around 500 students, but in the next century they were almost 2500 students, and achieving more than 6.500 in the eighties of the XVI century. Currently, the number of students reach 30.000 coming from everywhere of the world, mainly from Spain and South America.
Salamanca University has nine campus in the cities of Salamanca, Ávila, Zamora, Béjar y Villamayor, 26 Superior Schools and 12 Research Centres in broad topics from Biosciences or Laser to agriculture-food developments, neurosciences, History studies and Basic Research.
Besides, there are centers addressed to promote academic and culture links with other countries as the Hispanic Japanese Culture Center, Brasilian Studies Center or Iberoamerican Studies Institute, promoting the Exchange of Teachers and students for comprehensive strategies and promoting the international cooperation.
Other special features of the Salamanca University is the teaching of Spanish, being one of the biggest and prestigious world center for learning Spanish. Thousands of foreign students are coming every year and summer for learning Spanish every year. Indeed, it´s leading the first digital certificate of Spanish (SIELE) which can be done from everywhere in the world, joined to the Buenos Aires University and Autonomic National Mexico University.
Activities/projects related to the topic of Sidecar to highlight
One of the most prestigious master in the University is the Clinical Neuropsychology Master leaded by Prof. Perea which has reached quality award from the Education and University Minister. This master cooperates with the National Alzheimer Center and students mainly from Spain and South America are coming every year.
Besides, there are a master of Gerontology and other of Alzheimer and other dementias. The last one is offered in collaboration of the National Alzheimer Center.
- Manuel A. Franco-Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org): Head of Psychiatric and Mental Health Department. Zamora Hospital (Zamora) and Rio Hortega Hospital (Valladolid). Associate Professor of Psychology in Salamanca University. Research Director of the Psychosciences team of Biomedicine Salamanca Institute (Salamanca University)
- María Cruz Sánchez-Gómez (email@example.com): Professor/Chair of Salamanca University. Head of Education, management and Methodology of Research Department. Expertise in qualitative research. Education School. Head of Research Methodology area in the Psychosciences Research group of the Biomedicine Research Salamanca Institute (IBSAL).
Area education and methodology
- Fernando Martínez Abad (firstname.lastname@example.org): Professor of Education, management and Methodology of Research Department. EducationSchool. Salamanca University.
- Ana María Pinto Llorente (email@example.com):
Profesora Ayudante Doctor del Departamento de Didáctica, Organización y Métodos de Investigación de la Universidad de Salamanca.
- Juan Pablo Hernandez Ramos (firstname.lastname@example.org): Teacher of Department of Education, Management and Research Methodology. EducationSchool. Salamanca University.
- Juanjo Mena Marcos (email@example.com): Professor of Education, management and Research Methods. EducationSchool. Salamanca University.
- Antonio V. Martín-García (firstname.lastname@example.org): Professor of Education, management and Research Methods. EducationSchool. Salamanca University.
- Sonia Verdugo Castro (email@example.com): PhD Student of Education, Management and Methodology of Research Department. EducationSchool. Salamanca University.
- Maritza García Toro (firstname.lastname@example.org): PhD student and Granted of the Personalitty, Evaluation and Psychological Treatments. PsychologySchool. Master of Research in Disability.
- Ariana Castillo Alzuguren (email@example.com): PhD. Student. Master of Research in Disability. Salamanca University.
- Camino López García (firstname.lastname@example.org): PhD Student. Department of Education, Management and Methodology of Reearch. Education School. Teacher of the Master of Technologies of the UOC and Infant Education in the UNIR.
Neuropsychology and ageing research
- María Victoria Perea (email@example.com): Neurologist. Professor of Psychobiology. Psychology School. Director of the Official Master of Clinical Neuropsychology. Head of Neuropsychology area in the Psychosciences Research group of the Biomedicine Research Salamanca Institute (IBSAL)
- Valentina Landera (firstname.lastname@example.org): Professor of Psychobiology. Departent of Basic Psychology, Psychobiology and Methodology of Behaviour Sciences. PsychologySchool. Salamanca University
- Ricardo García (email@example.com): Professor of Psychobiology. Department of Basic Psychology, Psychobiology and Methodology of Behaviour Sciences. PsychologySchool. Salamanca University
Technology and development
- Francisco José García Peñalvo (firstname.lastname@example.org): Professor-Chair of the Salamanca University. PhD. Engineer. Director of the Research Group GRIAL of the Salamanca University. de Universidad. Coordinator of the Technological and Development Area of the Biomedical Research Salamanca Institute (IBSAL).
- Samuel Marcos Pablos (email@example.com): Postdoc of GRIAL
- Alicia García Holgado (firstname.lastname@example.org): Researcher of the Salamanca University (grade I)
- Juan Francisco Crespo Galán (email@example.com): Junior Researcher of GRIAL. Salamanca University.
- Guadalupe Sánchez Crespo (Lupes@usal.es): Teacher of the Personality, Evaluation and Psychological Treatment. PsychologySchool. Salamanca University.
- Juan L. Muñoz Sánchez (firstname.lastname@example.org): Psychiatrist. Coordinator of the Psychogeriatric unit of the psychiatric Department of the Rio Hortega University Hospital and Zamora Hospital. PhD Student of the IBSAL.
- Ester Parra (email@example.com): Psychologist. Specialist in Clinical Neuropsychologist (master). Coordinator of the psychogerontology Unit of the Intras Foundation (Zamora).